Saturday, April 11, 2009

Possible Estonian Friends?!?

So lots has been happening this week. Not only have we been doing some language learning, but God has given me some great opportunities to make some Estonian friends.

On Monday, April 6th I emailed two Estonian girls that I had been talking to online for awhile that I had finally arrived in Tallinn to stay. The very next day, Tuesday, April 7th one of them texted me to meet and hangout, so we did. We went to a place to eat that you would only know about if you were from there, then she showed me where her band practices and to meet her friends, and then we all went back to the dorms and talked. It was funny how God works. Her boyfriend has a tattoo and was talking about what he was going to get next, so I showed him my tattoo. My tattoo says John 14:27. He asked me what it meant so I told him the verse, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid," and then he asked where it was from, so I told him it is from the Bible. He quickly told me he was an Atheist, so just told him ok showing that I'm not one of those who's going to force something on him. I wonder what he will believe in in the future.

After getting home, the same day on Tuesday, I saw that the other girl had emailed me back saying it would be delightful to meet, so we did the very next day Wednesday, April 8th. She was very open to talk about anything. We talked about life, relationships, what her plans are for the future, what there is to do in Tallinn, etc. I am very surprised how genuine and open she is. I'm so glad to have met her. Yay! :-)

Shera

1 comment: