All right, I'm finally going to post. I've never been particularly good at journals and blogs and such. Remember when Xanga was the cool thing to do? Don't try to play cool, you probably had one. Well, I jumped on that band wagon back in the day, but I fell off that same month. This ought to be better though, I'll actually have stuff to write, hopefully.
I wish that I had cool stories of all the Estonian people I've met and traded numbers with like Shera, but I don't. I'm about as introverted as you can be. I balk at the thought of walking up to strangers and starting conversations; however, put me in a class or a small group of people, and I'm good. So, I can't wait until language school starts in the fall. Until then, I'll just try to get out of my comfortable little box and join the party happening outside.
Estonia is a great country. Really, if I could read and speak the language, I would forget I was in a foreign country. Everything is so orderly, logical, and practical. Well, except for the women who wear stiletto boots on cobblestone streets. I really can't get over that. I have yet to see anyone fall; It's amazing! One thing that I am so grateful for is the food. I looked up traditional Estonian food on the internet before I came and found multiple sites describing jellied meat. But to my relief, they have great food from all over the world! Plus, they eat pancakes often. Pancakes filled with berries, chicken, chesse, honey, and more. It's pretty amazing. I have not seen a single jellied meat in the last two weeks. True, I haven't exactly looked for it, but still.
All in all, things are great this side of the Atlantic. We are acclimating well and slowly but surely picking up the language. For me, I'm going to have to make it a priority to get out, become familiar with the city and the public transportation, and practice the language I've learned that day.
Nägemist!
Andrea
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YAY!!!!! HHAHAHAHHA> HAPPINESS about where you are.:-D
ReplyDelete