
Yup, it's been awhile. :) After talking to my dad yesterday and him complaining to me that I needed to post some of the stories I was telling him, I decided well, I suppose that would be a good idea, since there are some cool stories. :)
So first I'll start out with the newspaper article. Yeah, that's right! See that backside of a person on the right side of the picture picking up a tire from the mud?! That's me. :) People I know here in Estonia saw me on this picture and on TV, so they told me that I'm now famous in Estonia. Of course this is not true, but it was cool for a lot of my friends to tell me they saw me on TV. :) And the red text by the picture is about how two USA girls knee deep in mud were helping clean up the massive tire pile up in the deep ravine. It was a fun day helping out to clean up this ravine for the swans with the Estonian community. Nothing makes you feel more part of something than when you come together with other people for a great cause. AND IT IS GREAT GETTING MUDDY ONCE IN A WHILE! :)
Another thing we're doing almost every week is going on a Food Hunt to find the best food in Tallinn with other couchsurfers who live in Tallinn. Last time we went to a Russian restaurant which was good. They served everyone speared sour pickles with sour cream in one bowl and honey in another to dip in. Interestingly enough the pickles dipped in honey is better than the ones dipped in sour cream in my opinion. Really what you're supposed to do they told us is eat a pickle dipped in one of these choices and then drink a shot of Vodka. Andrea and I didn't do this but many did. I can see how Russians got their reputation. :) Also, this guy next to me had PIG TONGUE and offered it to me. While trying to forget what it really was, I tried it and it tasted like tender sliced ham. It was surprisingly really good and not chewy at all. Everyone should try it! :)
Well, that's all for now, but I'll try to post more regularly when interesting things happen. :)
I love y'all!
-Shera
No comments:
Post a Comment